European Surgery Training 2017
Blackrock Microsystems Europe, in conjunction with the Institut de Neurosciences de la Timone, would like to invite you to the
3rd European Utah Array Surgical Training
April 24 – 26, 2017
Training Center of the Institut de Neurosciences de la Timone
The Utah Array, a silicon based multi-channel microelectrode, reliably records high-quality spikes and local field potentials from neural tissue, both in-vivo and in-vitro. It is also ideal for stimulation in electrically conductive tissue. Widely used in neural prosthetics, neural engineering, and multiple neuroscience fields, the Utah Array is now breaking new ground in cardiac applications and peripheral nerve stimulation and recording.
The workshop will provide researchers with best practice techniques for the surgical implantation of the Utah Array including:
- Surgery overview and training videos
- Surgery demonstration by Dr. Nicho Hatsopoulos, University of Chicago
- 5 hour practice surgery session under guidance from experts
- Interactive Q&A session post surgery
- Demonstration of data acquisition recording and stimulation hardware and software
- Visit to the Riehle/Brochier lab, Institut de Neurosciences de la Timone
See the complete agenda here.
- Early bird (before April 1, 2017): USD 2,800
- Regular: USD 3,200
The registration fee includes:
- Workshop content, including surgical training manual
- Hotel accommodation
- All meals and beverages
- Application of EUR 500 towards purchase of a Utah Array within one month of surgical training workshop
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Marseille!
Your Blackrock Team