Electrical Engineer I
Blackrock Microsystems is a privately held company that provides enabling tools for the neuroscience, neural engineering and neuro-prosthetics research and clinical community worldwide. The company is home to a diverse team of talented people who are dedicated to improving human lives. Working with Blackrock Microsystems gives you access to one of the most experienced, educated and forward-thinking electrophysiology teams in the world.
We are looking for a talented and innovative Electrical Engineer I to support manufacturing with the design of products and test equipment at our headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Required BS or MS in Electrical, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Proficient at soldering
- Analog/digital electronic design
- Experience with writing software in C/C++
- Experience with electronic testing equipment (Oscilloscope, logic analyzer)
- Must have excellent reading, writing and communication skills in the English language.
- Must be thorough and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong prototyping skills (3D printer, Arduino, etc)
- Familiar with Altium PCB CAD/CAE software
- Familiar with FPGA design using Verilog
- Mixed signal development experience
- Knowledge of Electrical Standards for medical devices (IEC 60601-1)
- Familiar with manufacturing and quality assurance procedures
- Troubleshoot problems with existing products and designs
- Develop test protocols and reports
- Design and develop mixed-signal PCBs
- Coordinate efforts between the company and consultants or vendors
To apply, send your resume and a video cover letter to email@example.com