Inside Sales Representative
Blackrock Microsystems is a privately held company that provides enabling tools for the neuroscience, neural engineering and neuro-prosthetics research and clinical community worldwide. The company is home to a diverse team of talented people who are dedicated to improving human lives. Working with Blackrock Microsystems gives you access to one of the most experienced, educated and forward-thinking neuroscience teams in the world.
We are looking for a talented and skilled Inside Sales Representative to provide ideal solutions to customers. You would develop innovative ideas to help improve sales for Blackrock Microsystems’ products and services. This position is based in Salt Lake City, UT. You will interact mostly with our European customers, so an early daily start is a major requirement of this position.
- Have a degree in bioengineering, neuroscience, science discipline, or related engineering
- Have experience in an academic environment and a proven comfort level communicating with prospective and current customers who hold advanced degrees
- Have a minimum of 1 year of sales experience in any field
- Be comfortable sending many emails and making many phone calls on a daily basis
- Be thorough and detail oriented
- Ability to work hours of 6 AM – 3 PM (or earlier if desired) to better service European time zones
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to learn quickly with a desire to learn new technologies and the science behind our products
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Familiarity with any CRM program; understanding accounts, contacts and opportunities
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work well under pressure and handle stressful situations
- Technical knowledge and understanding of the products and services we provide
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas
- Proficient in computer skills with experience using Office Suite, Google Docs, Asana
- Cheerful and friendly disposition with a positive attitude
- Ability to creatively solve problems
- Ability to travel globally up to 20% for sales demonstrations and conferences
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Assess competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends
- Assist in generating leads and prospects
- Assist in generating opportunities and quotes
- Assist in generating sales reports
- Assist in entering sales orders and RMA orders into the ERP system
- Assist in organizing conferences, workshops, and other sales events
- Contribute to achieving monthly sales quota by supporting the sales team
- Attend weekly sales meetings
- Assist in keeping the CRM system clean and organized
- Assist in planning sales demonstrations and meetings
- Communicate with customers regarding sales orders, shipments, and RMAs
- Keep sales people apprised of all shipment details for their customers
- Assist in updating CRM database
- Perform other tasks as required by management
To apply, send your resume and a VIDEO cover letter to email@example.com. A video cover letter should include:
- A brief introduction of yourself
- What is your understanding of what Blackrock Microsystems does?
- What is your understanding of what this position entails?
- How can you contribute to our team?
- Why should we choose you as a new addition to our team?
A video cover letter is required and can be attached to the email or uploaded to YouTube. All inquiries without a video cover letter will be dismissed.